Earn College Credit for Prior Learning

Military Training

Have you served in the U.S. Armed Services or with the Department of Defense? Your training and military occupational specialty (MOS) may have college credit recommendations from American Council on Education (ACE). Many colleges and universities recognize your military training when you provide them with an official transcript from your service branch.

To see if that training could be applied towards college credit, fill in the information below.

Go to Review Inventory tab to see your saved courses.

Military Occupations

Some colleges also award credit for learning you gained through your military occupational specialty. For credit recommendations for military occupations, click here pop out link icon to visit ACE's Military Guide Online.


Your service branch will provide you with a transcript of your training and occupational experiences, including those with ACE credit recommendations. Click on your service branch to learn how to order a transcript: Army pop out link icon, Navy/Marines pop out link icon, Air Force pop out link icon, Coast Guard pop out link icon, Department of Defense pop out link icon

Hint: Remember that each college determines how your prior learning might apply to a specific degree program.

Prior Learning Tools